Our client, based in central Brighton, are recruiting into the start-up side of the business (based in London) that will provide a range of Lifetime mortgage products to consumers over the age of 55 in the UK. It will undertake the design, marketing and mortgage processing from introduction through to completion and mortgage servicing.
As a Mortgage underwriter you will need be a highly motivated individual with the confidence to be active in promoting good working relationships with customers and colleagues alike, to create a fun, hardworking delivery focused environment, where there is the opportunity for everyone to participate in its success.
The ideal Mortgage Underwriter candidate will have strong inter-personal skills with a can-do attitude and will be a confirmed self-starter who is committed to meeting deadlines whilst maintaining quality of decisions.
- Able in the medium term, to work towards a lending mandate and to underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with lending policy.
- Operate as a team player within the New Business department and wider Company to ensure that all service standards and targets are consistently delivered.
- Support and help deliver underwriter training, coaching and mentoring to other team members as required.
- Operate in accordance with all required regulatory requirement treating customers fairly.
- Identify and report events and suspicion in line with Anti-Money Laundering legislation and procedures.
- Understand and operate to the Company complaints procedure at all times
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a first-class standard by adopting a right first time attitude and approach.
- Ensure effective communication with internal and external customers, and third parties.
- Give guidance and support to Intermediaries, assist Intermediaries and applicants with queries, challenges, and appeals and to clarify Company requirements.
- Objectively review own and others underwriting decisions in light of challenge/ appeal or new information being provided and be prepared to recommend a revised decision if appropriate
- Support the Operations Manager by demonstrating daily the proactive planning, management of workloads and recommendation of process improvement changes where appropriate.
- Manage and maintain relevant MI as required to manage own performance and as requested by the management team.
- Maintain and review a comprehensive set of measures on quantity and quality of applications received
- Develop and maintain the ability, after training, to competently operate and navigate through all IT systems required to undertake the job role
- Ensure quality of data is accurate and not compromised in a busy environment
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- An experienced mortgage underwriter of a minimum of 2 years preferably with an equity release mortgage lender.
- Must have up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK
- Tactful communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to manage conflicting and demanding clients and priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter who has experience of equity release, to join a well established, growing, professional organisation.
Salary: circa £42,000 (doe)
First Recruitment Services are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of this vacancy
- Financial Services
- Mortgage Underwriting
- Equity Release
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'