Are you an experienced Mortgage Underwriter looking to join a value-based business focused on helping 'do the right thing’?
Our client is a leading mutual society formed over 30 years ago with a goal to help families understand the world of modern finance. Due to being a mutual society, any profits made go back into the business to help further improve their systems, benefiting their customers. As part of their continued growth, they are looking to recruit a Mortgage Underwriter for their London office.
Roles and responsibilities
They are looking to recruit a Mortgage Underwriter, who will be responsible for ensuring that mortgages are underwritten within lending policy guidelines and loan approval is within the risk appetite of the business. In addition, you will support and help to deliver underwriter training, coaching and mentoring to other team members, as required. You should ensure all work is undertaken to a first-class standard by adopting a right first time attitude and approach. Due to the nature of their product being a lifetime mortgage, ideally you should have experience of assessing equity release products.
Requirements to be considered
- You must be an experienced mortgage underwriter with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably with equity release lending experience
- Must have up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Salary of £35,000 - £42,000 dependent upon experience
- Company benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, generous annual bonus scheme, healthcare and life assurance and pension contributions
- Regular team social events
- Relaxed dress code in their offices
- People based business that promotes a team environment whilst encouraging good results
- Office based role working from modern offices with excellent transport links closeby
Likely to be December 2018 or January 2019
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information are given in good faith and Premier Jobs UK Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Premier Jobs UK Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Premier Jobs UK Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'