Mortgage Underwriter, Permanent, Berkshire
Up to £40k+20% Bonus+ Excellent benefits package
My Client are an established Lender looking to expand their Underwriting Team, in Berkshire.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success at present.
Working as part of an established and successful underwriting team, you will be responsible for underwriting mortgage applications in accordance with the Lending policy, TCF principles and FCA responsible lending best practice.
You will maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge and apply the highest standards of risk- based underwriting at all times. Working closely with the Operations team is fundamental to the delivery of a seamless service to the client and the highest levels of proactive co-operation and approachability are expected.
- Underwrite mortgage applications in accordance with the lending policy, TCF and responsible lending principles. Recommend any cases outside mandate to the UTL /UTM and ensure all cases hold a robust documented rationale for the lending decision.
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries, resolution of issues and decisions in principle for new cases prior to processing by Operations.
- Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with lending policy and the appropriate mortgage product.
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with TCF and responsible lending principles in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers.
- Ensure that all KFIs (including porting cases) produced are accurate and compliant
- Build a close working relationship, especially with the Operations Team, and with key areas of the business (including HML and SOT) to enhance the process from a system, service and quality perspective.
- To comply with the Code of Business Ethics and ensure your responsibilities regarding the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies.
- Pro actively keep up to date with human resource policy, external legislation, funding constraints, product criteria and underwriting criteria changes to ensure prudent underwriting.
- Ensure that all complaints are handled in line with the Complaints Handling Procedures referring to the Underwriter Manager,and service Quality Department when necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Previous Underwriting experience gained in a similar role
- Good knowledge of industry regulation such as MCOB, TCF, DPA,
- Good understanding of the mortgage intermediary market and related FCA permissions is ideal.
- Able to demonstrate proactive, hard-working, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of TCF, Responsible lending and FSA thematic reviews.
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions
Interested, please apply without delay for an immediate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'