We are currently recruiting for a fantastic financial services organisation that are seeking to recruit experienced Mortgage Underwriters to join their business. The role will require you to facilitate and progress mortgage applications, within the assigned mandate level, through to mortgage offer and in line with operating procedures and policies.
Duties will include:
- Underwrite allocated applications to offer, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting further information
- Offer mortgages to approved borrowers, within assigned mandate level and agreed service standards, requesting any outstanding information if required and verifying it on receipt
- Review Agreement in Principle requests in a timely manner
- Communicate with intermediaries on declined cases, handle objections and provide objective feedback to any questions
- Provide telephone support as required to ensure customer service standards are managed and maintained
- Manage escalations and resolve technical queries from other team members
- Respond to complaints within SLA's seeking advice and guidance from Seniors
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to Seniors
- Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
- Experience in an underwriting role within a Bank or Building Society is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (in particular Word and Excel) is essential
- Outstanding communication skills
- High attention to detail / organised
Apply now for this excellent opportunity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'