Our client a successful and well established financial services company are currently recruiting for a full time Mortgage Underwriter, based in their Head Office. Reporting to the Head of Loans Underwriting the successful candidate will be responsible for the processing and administration of all loan applications received from inception.
- Assess loan applications to ensure completeness of documentation to company standards and liaise with the Customer Centre to procure the submission of omitted items as necessary
- Undertake appraisal of applications received and submit recommendations as to underwriting checks to be undertaken.
- Issue and check the adequacy and authenticity of reference enquiries together with the raising of queries as necessary.
- Issue instructions to Panel Valuers
- Input and on-going maintenance of all applications received on recording systems (manual or computerised) operational within the Underwriting area, in accordance with laid down procedures
- Produce Loan Offers in compliance with Lending Policy and laid down procedures, for submission and approval.
- Despatch Mortgage Offers and Solicitors Instructions, if applicable, following approval
- Conduct checks of Certificates of Title to ensure compliance with all loan offer conditions prior to submission.
- Arrange the preparation and timely despatch of loan proceeds in accordance with laid down procedures to facilitate loan completion.
- Produce completion details relating to each case at completion for onward transmission to the Mortgage Accounts area.
- Approve Loan Offers presented by Mortgage Assessors within delegated authority limitations and submit recommendations for loan approval.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience of Loan / Mortgage/Insurance underwriting
- Have held a personal mandate
- Educated to GCSE level 5 grade A - C (minimum B grade in both Maths & English) and willing to take further professional qualifications
- Proven administrative and customer service skills
- Excellent IT literacy (incl. Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
This is a great opportunity for someone with existing loan underwriting skills to join a growing mortgage lender and develop their skills further. This is a full time permanent position (37 hr week Mon - Fri). Competitive salary plus benefits incl. pension.
- Mortgage Underwriting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job