Salary: £35 - £38k DOE + bonus scheme (OTE £45k)
The Lender is based in a beautiful part of Surrey with excellent rail links to Wimbledon and London.
The creation of another Residential Mortgage Underwriter position represents further growth and the consistent success of this underwriting team in a progressive specialist mortgage business that distributes via the financial intermediary channel.
You will have responsibility for the manual underwriting of new residential mortgage applications and you will have the chance to join an exciting, growing business and benefit from the opportunities that this brings for career development. As professional and focused as the team members are, they still manage to create an environment that is very enjoyable, friendly and supportive.
Key responsibilities of the Mortgage Underwriter
You are someone who is focused on delivering a first class, pro-active customer service through inbound and outbound communication to all case stakeholders including introducers, service suppliers, reference providers, and occasionally, applicants. To achieve this you will need to build a thorough understanding of the products offered by the Company, its lending strategy, credit risk policies, and processes.
Assessing and processing each mortgage application on a predominantly manual basis you will be responsible for assessing borrower creditworthiness and the underwriting credit risk from initial receipt through to completion. In so doing you will be underwriting new applications to pre-defined credit risk policy and service level agreements, ready up to mandated levels or ready for credit committee approval.
Ultimately, you will need to be very comfortable supporting the processing team and underwriting peer group in delivering an excellent, compliant service with a prompt and accurate decision at each stage of the process.
- A firm pre-requisite for the role is that candidates have a current Underwriting Mandate with sound experience of manually underwriting residential mortgages in the UK regulated mortgage environment
- Excellent administration, computer literacy and telephone communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership and work well under pressure
- Well-honed inter-personal skills to support a pro-active and positive approach to conducting business in a professional manner that adds value for both customer and Company
- Ensuring a high level of accuracy of data entry and ongoing record keeping
- Well educated and ideally some CeMAP qualification although not mandatory
- Thoroughness to ensure positive outcomes of cases being handled
Private Health Care
Fitness suite concession (with swimming pool)
If you are interested in this position, please apply on-line or contact Roger Holden at Graham Rose Recruitment on 0 1 737-231430.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Graham Rose Ltd who are operating as recruitment business and agency.
- mortgage underwriting