Mortgage Underwriter, Permanent, Buckinghamshire
Salary £35k-£40k+ Bonus + Benefits
My Client are an established Bank looking to recruit a Mortgage Underwriter to join there exisitng lending operation. Due to continued growth and recent investment they are launching new products into the market.
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success.
Working as part of an established Underwriting team you will support the development of the business into the residential and buy to let mortgages and secured loans markets via the intermediary channel.
To provide a robust analysis of customer circumstances, ensuring that all risk factors are assessed prior to making the decision whether to lend or not. Adhering to all operational policies and procedures, underwriting to the agreed Lending Policy in place from time to time. To provide input and feedback for any proposed lending policy developments.
This role would suit an experienced Underwriter looking to take the next step into a more senior role and take on additional responsibilities for supporting and coaching the team.
Assessment and approval of mortgage, buy to let and secured loan applications within underwriting policy and individual lending mandate.
Ensure that the principles of MCOB and CONC are adhered to, in full, throughout the processing of the application
Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the mortgage is both affordable and sustainable.
Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self -employment and valuation reports
Hold an underwriting mandate and the ability to confidently approve/reject applications in line with policy and to communicate your decision to interested parties.
Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers alike.
Accurately capture data via origination systems to ensure that all documentation is error free and correct.
Following completion, register the company’s charge with HM Land Registry in a timely fashion.
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
- Provide some support and mentoring to other less experienced Underwriters
- Minimum of 8 years underwriting experience within the mortgage industry.
- Hands-on experience of mortgage processing systems
- Excellent Knowledge of regulations as it affects mortgages and secured loans such as Treating Customers Fairly and responsible lending
- Ce-Map qualified desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible with a positive approach to teamwork
- PC Literate with Microsoft Office
If interested, then please apply without delay
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting