Lending Underwriter, Hertfordshire
Salary £35k - £40k + Bonus + Benefits
An established Lender who are looking to expand their existing lending operation are loking for an experienced Underwriter.
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist lender that is experiencing huge growth and success.
Following the lenders’ recent business growth this role has been created to expand a new funding line. The role will also take responsibility for underwriting new 2nd charge mortgage applications.
The market is extremely buoyant and as this company continue to expand there will be excellent opportunity for progression.Full training will be provided and supported.
- Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information from brokers where required, highlighting any concerns
- Assessment and approval of mortgage, buy to let and secured loan applications within underwriting policy and individual lending mandate.
- Ensure that the principles of MCOB and CONC are adhered to throughout the processing of the application.
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the mortgage is both affordable and sustainable.
- Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self-employment and valuation reports
- Hold an underwriting mandate and the ability to confidently approve/reject applications in line with policy
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
- Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
- Liaising with Introducers, Valuer’ s and Solicitors
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completio
- Current underwriting experience within the 2nd charge mortgage lending industry.
- Hands-on experience of mortgage processing systems
- Excellent Knowledge of regulations as it affects mortgages and secured loans such as Treating Customers Fairly and responsible lending
- Ce-Map qualified desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible with a positive approach to teamwork
- PC Literate with Microsoft Office
If interested, then please apply withour delay as the client are at interview stage
- Financial Services
- secured loans