Mortgage Underwriters required by a respected provincial lender
As an Underwriter you will be responsible for the timely processing of all new mortgage applications as per lending policy and file requirements. You will also be responsible for contributing to the Processing area to ensure that the business is seen as a market leader within its chosen market place.
You will also ensure that the Processing area complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practice and develop key relationships with brokers and BDM’s, to understand their business issues and priorities.
• Previous mortgage experience;
• Experience of working to deadlines and service levels;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Analytical skills that aid effective decision making and good problem solving skills;
• Ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers;
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organisation and third party companies;
• Ability to deal with confidential issues in a professional manner with tact, diplomacy and resilience;
• Must have held a lending mandate.
- Mortgage Advisor
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting