Mortgage Underwriter, Permanent, Hertfordshire
Salary £35K-£40K + Bonus + Benefits
My Client are an established Lender looking to recruit an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to join their busy 2nd charge Mortgage team as they are experiencing significant growth and recent new investment has allowed them to take advantage of launching new products into the market across both Residential and BTL markets.
This new role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist Lender that is experiencing huge growth and success.
Following recent business growth this role has been created to expand a new funding line. The role will also take responsibility for underwriting new mortgage applications in the Residential and Buy-Let Markets. This exciting role offers the successful candidate the chance to join an exciting growing business and benefit from the opportunities that this brings.
- Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information from brokers where required, highlighting any concerns
- Assessment and approval of mortgage, buy to let and secured loan applications within underwriting policy and individual lending mandate.
- Ensure that the principles of MCOB and CONC are adhered to throughout the processing of the application.
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the mortgage is both affordable and sustainable.
- Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self-employment and valuation reports
- Hold an underwriting mandate and the ability to confidently approve/reject applications in line with policy
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
- Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
- Liaising with Introducers, Valuer’ s and Solicitors
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
- Data Management
- Current underwriting experience within the Buy-Let and 2nd charge mortgage lending industry.
- Hands-on experience of mortgage processing systems
- Excellent Knowledge of regulations as it affects mortgages and secured loans such as Treating Customers Fairly and responsible lending
- Ce-Map qualified desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible with a positive approach to teamwork
- PC Literate with Microsoft Office
If interested, then please apply without delay
- Mortgage Advisor
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting
- Residential Mortgages
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"