We are currently recruiting for a Mortgage Underwriter on behalf of an extremely well-respected, local Retail Banking organisation. The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and professional mortgage underwriting service to the Society’s members, customers and intermediaries through compliant regulated meetings.
Duties will include: -
- Process mortgage Decision in Principle (DIP) requests from intermediaries within SLA.
- Process mortgage applications on the Society software system and complete all procedural administrative documentation, whilst efficiently liaising with the customer during the application process.
- To consider mortgage applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exists.
- To maintain professional business relationships with BDMs, mortgage introducers and external contacts, providing information and guidance when required.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of products, policy, processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will have previous underwriting experience and be CeMap qualified (or industry equivalent).
THIS ROLE IS A 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT. There could be potential for the role holder to become permanent, however this isn’t guaranteed.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job