£24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Are you Ce-MAP qualified?
Have a good understanding of mortgages and mortgage regulations?
Know who the FCA are and their principals?
Then this role could be the next step in your career!
A Mortgage Underwriter is a key to ensuring that any financial lending related to Mortgages are checked and completed as per the companies Responsible Lending Criteria and remain in line with FCA principals.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Review and underwrite applications to assess whether a Mortgage Offer can be issued, assigning appropriate mortgage conditions if and where required
- Work within a defined process and SLA agreement
- Use expert knowledge (including COP, Amendments, Conversions etc.)
- Obtain and maintain delegated mandate authority from Credit Risk to approve exceptions to policy, ensuring competency is sustained through regular reviews of the quality of policy exception approvals
- Make risk based decisions on customer requests in line with policy, corporate appetite and maximising value to tax payer
- Ensure that all applications are fully complete, chasing the relevant document where applicable prior to making a decision
- Demonstrate reasonability during the decision making process, obtaining relevant and proportionate information from a range of internal and external sources
To be successful for this position, you will have the ability to manage conflict and difficult conversations well and constructively; know how to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in order to make quality decisions and have a strong attention to details whilst being able to be organised and manage workloads well.
I would be keen to speak to anyone who may be interested in this role, so please ask them to contact me on .
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.