Description of Business Unit:
Mortgages Direct, as part of Direct Sales aims to enhance and support an emerging multichannel proposition across consumer banking.
Mortgage sales and customer acquisition growth is underpinned by our established banking subsidiary, BOI (UK) plc and our strong relationship with the UK Post Office and AA. Direct Sales plays an integral role in maximising revenue and loyalty at the same time as offering customers choice and convenience.
This role is within a Contact Centre environment that promotes customer-centric behaviours and delivers continuous improvement, in addition to driving sales process adherence for mortgages and related products sold. The role holder will support the achievement of our key strategic goals and help develop our mortgage business in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Purpose of Role:
The Mortgage Consultant will act as the initial point of contact for existing and new business customers. Working in the Sales Support team, the Consultant plays an important role in being able to identify the customer needs and conduct the initial part of a mortgage Fact Find, with a view to ensure eligibility to create a full mortgage interview with a Mortgage Adviser.
In addition, the Consultant will support new sales initiatives and operate with flexibility handling both inbound and outbound contact.
- Embed the BOI UK Customer Charter and support and contribute to an environment that encourages customer centricity
- embracing the principles of regulation, leadership, teamwork and self- improvement
- Ensure fully compliant with all regulatory requirements that relate to Mortgage Consultants roles.
- Achieve and maintain the required levels of competency in line with training and competence requirements, ensuring that all mandatory and regular training and/or testing is completed in accordance with training and competence requirements
- To understand the implications and impact your role and activities have on our customers under Conduct Risk / Treating Customers Fairly principles and that you ensure fair outcomes to all customers
- Ensuring departmental policies and procedure are adhered to i.e contact centre best practice
- Be the initial point of contact for all mortgage enquiries into the contact centre and handle all associated telephony support calls for the online service.
- Conduct structured conversations to pre-qualify enquiries for the provision of advice or complete processes to provide an execution?only service. This will involve determining basic eligibility and criteria checks, applying effective levels of judgement without exception
- Deliver excellence in customer service and ensure all telephony standards targets are met
- Review and keep up-to-date with all communications cascaded on criteria/policy changes, sales performance, service and key business messages
Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent)
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and delivery of needs based selling
- Adhere to all Contact Centre Best Practice
- Maintain regulatory standards set and adhere to all policy and procedures
- Achieve or exceed all regular testing and health-check requirements
- Proactive in the support of new initiatives and business strategy
- Instil Treating Customers Fairly principles in all customer interactions and transactions
- Able to consistently meet or exceed minimum performance standards for sales support and execution only queries
- Contact Centre environment experience of working to telephony standards and metrics
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interpret customer enquiries
- Proven track record of complying with internal and external; regulatory, operational, compliance, credit and key control systems and procedures
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in work outputs
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Capable of interpreting customer needs to provide relevant products and services
- Is able to make relevant enquiries with other areas of the business to manage customer expectations and provide service excellence
- Desirable qualification is CeMAP but this is not essential
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering and inclusive workplaec which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
- customer service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job