Mortgage Case Manager
We are recruiting an exciting opportunity within a Financial Services Company. If you have experience dealing with mortgage applications or have dealt with Insurance Underwriting and looking for an opportunity to join a progressive company that has a true buzz, cares about their staff and is a fantastic place to work then please read on...
The Case Manger is responsible for processing mortgage applications after initial underwrite to recommending it for Offer approval. It is expected they will maintain a high level of knowledge of the underwriting policy and apply the highest standards of assessing documentation at all times. The relationship with underwriters is fundamental to the delivery of a seamless service to the customer, delivering a pro-active case management approach to ensure cases are progressed effectively.
- To manage a pipeline of applications following initial assessment by an underwriter through to preparing the case for Offer.
- Ensure all system notes and updates are accurate and correctly reflect the case status.
- Assessing underwriting requirements on an individual case basis & identifying whether they meet policy or requires referral to an underwriter.
- Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with lending policy and the appropriate mortgage product.
- Have a professional relationship with the mortgage brokers able to manage expectations and clearly articulate requirements
- Act fairly and reasonably in line with TCF and responsible lending principles in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers.
- Build a close working relationship with the Underwriters to enhance the process from a system, service and quality perspective, creating an effective underwriting unit.
- To comply with the Code of Business Ethics and ensure your responsibilities regarding the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies.
- Proactively keep up to date product and underwriting criteria changes to ensure prudent case assessment.
- Adhere to the service standards as agreed with the Operations team.
- Ensure that all complaints are handled in line with the Complaints Handling Procedures Identify improvements to performance and the process, working with managers and other areas of the business.
Person / Experience Required
- Ideally some understanding of the underwriting process, even if not specifically mortgage underwriting
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly
- Excellent Case & Time Management skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail both in assessing documentation and in data capture.
- Understanding of related FCA permissions.
- Understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Able to demonstrate that they are proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
- Ideally graduate level experience in a Finance related degree or educated to at least
GCSE level including Maths and English
CeMAP qualified (desirable)
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
- Case Management
- Mortgage Brokers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"