Our Client is looking to recruit a Business Assurance Assessor, to work within Mortgages and Protection. The role can be based in either Newcastle or Swindon, or home-based.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, planning, delivering and reporting of Business Assurance control checks and Business Assurance reviews undertaken
- Provide appropriate assurance oversight
- Updating internal systems to record progress and outcomes
- Demonstrate good customer outcomes
- Contribute to building a great environment to work in
- Operate efficiently - treat the business as if it’s your own
- Own decisions and tasks - decide and deliver
- Build on own knowledge by self-learning, share knowledge and best practice with colleagues
Candidates must hold CeMAP (or equivalent Mortgage qualification) - Advanced CeMAP would be advantageous. Experience of working in a Financial Services environment with:
- A broad understanding of the Mortgages and Protection markets in terms of Advice, Providers/lenders, platforms, products and the way in which advisers within a network are remunerated is advantageous
- A broad knowledge and understanding of Financial Services regulation and the Mortgage Market Review is advantageous
- A good understanding of the approach in relation to core requirements for an AR firm/Adviser achieving competence, supervision, data protection, anti-money laundering requirements, Financial Crime Policy, data security and Treating Customers Fairly concepts
- A broad understanding of how an advice/ AR businesses operate.
- A commitment and understanding to TCF principles
- A broad understanding of the use and benefits of technology within a financial services practice
Candidates should have:
- A confident approach, self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- An excellent telephone manner and written communication.
- The ability to cope with pressure; and react quickly to changing priorities and key messages
- The ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a team
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Management systems knowledge (Workbench, Officeweb, Gateway, PS/Intrinsic Extranet, X-Plan)
- Strong analytical approach and inquisitive nature
- Ability to follow processes when required
Benefits include, salary between £22,000-£25,000 (plus 20% uplift, depending on geographical area), bonus up to 15%, 4XDIS, Healthcare, extensive flexible benefits, 25 days holiday and study support to develop further.
Interested candidates are invited to contact EGRecruiting for further information.