We have an exciting opportunity for a Mortgage Advisor to join our telephone based team at our Head Office in Nottingham. We are in an exciting period of growth and change within the Building Society and there is lots of scope to develop and progress within this role. You will be joining a growing team within our Central Mortgage function with an excellent support network and development opportunities for those looking for a long term career with us.
You will provide a compliant mortgage advice service for existing customers, building strong customer relationships and delivering outstanding service whilst identifying opportunities to benefit the wider business. We are looking for applicants with industry knowledge and experience who have CeMap 1, 2 & 3; this role will suit both recently qualified applicants and experienced applicants looking for a role in a growing organisation with long term development.
The key responsibilities of this role include -
- Provide an advised mortgage service to existing customers for internal re-mortgage, porting, further advance and post-contract variation business to exceptionally high standards
- Promote loyalty offers to existing customers on both a proactive and reactive basis to achieve the agreed retention targets
- Conduct business within prescribed Lending Policy criteria when assessing variations, applications and affordability
- Ensure customer accounts are accurately maintained and documented to protect the integrity of the data and maintain consistency across the core systems and produce accurate and relevant management information
- Maintain personal sales logs and development plans demonstrating ownership of performance levels
- Deliver sales and service objectives
- Maintain competency within the prescribed T&C framework
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following behaviours, skills and experiences -
- Cemap 1,2 and 3 qualified or working towards this qualification
- Experience of providing mortgage advice within a regulatory framework
- Detailed knowledge of the house buying process and all elements of the mortgage process
- Thorough understanding of both society & competitor mortgage products that enables business to be secured for the Society
- Proven track record of sales and customer service orientation
- An excellent communicator able to demonstrate a high standard of telephony skills and the necessary skills required to overcome challenges of a non face to face environment
- Proven track record of managing large caseloads through strong organisational skills
- Professional and enthusiastic with proven negotiating experience
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Able to operate outside of own personal objectives & work in a team to achieve business objectives and maximise sales and service opportunities
In return for your outstanding contribution to the business you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package (holidays, healthcare cashback, pension, performance bonus etc.) as well as the opportunity to learn and progress in your role.
Please note that if your application is successful with The Nottingham you will be required to undergo background checks. All offers of employment are conditional on receipt of 3 years references and a satisfactory Financial and criminal records check.