Overall Purpose of Job
Own and manage a pipeline of mortgage applications through to offer approval. Ensure that all applications are managed efficiently and professionally and through regular communication with all stakeholders ensure all expectations are managed. In addition, the role may be required to assist, or cover for, other roles within the Lending Operations Department from time to time.
Customer and Relationship Management
- To manage inbound call volumes within agreed service levels from intermediaries, solicitors and applicants, providing a seamless quality service to all parties.
- Adhere to the service standards as set out in the Policy & Procedures Manual
- Handle all communication from stakeholders in accordance with Policy & Procedures Manual
- Act fairly and reasonably in all dealings with intermediaries, solicitors and valuers Develop new and enhance existing relationships with Mortgage Intermediaries, looking for new business opportunities where appropriate
- Build a close working relationship with the Sales team and Underwriters to enhance the process from both a service and quality perspective
- Manage the receipt of mortgage application and administration fees
Manage case pipeline to agreed service standards managing stakeholders expectations at all times
Be accountable for the quality of welcome letters and intermediary updates ensuring they are completed in line with agreed service levels and provide clear and accurate information at all times.
Assess all correspondence to ensure lending criteria / conditions are met
Ensure all correspondence including references and valuations are in line with the application and the appropriate mortgage product
Action all correspondence in accordance with the Policy & Procedures Manual
Ensure that all complaints are handled and logged in line with the Complaints Handling Procedures referring to your Team Leader or Service Quality Department when necessary
Maintain accurate file and data records
Challenge current processes suggest improved ways of working wherever possible
Assist in the analysis and subsequent delivery of any changes to the system or processes
Risk and Compliance Management
To ensure your responsibilities regarding Treating Customers Fairly, the Prevention of Financial Crime (including money laundering, identification and reporting of fraud) are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s internal policies
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly
- Business & market awareness as well as a detailed knowledge of Kensington products.
- Adhere to the policy & procedures keeping up to date with any amendments
- Be aware and accountable for the mitigation of risk in the day to day performance of your role.
- Complaints are to be handled in accordance with the procedures
- Ability to competently use all the systems relevant to the role
- Ensure key business targets and performance indicators are achieved
Experience & Skills Required
Experience of handling large volumes of incoming calls in an operational
Experience in a processing of administration environment
Financial Services experience
Educated to at least GCSE Level standard, including English and Maths
Studying towards CeMAP or equivalent Financial Services qualification
- Phone Skills