Mortage Arrears Case Consultant
Description of business unit
The Debt Management function within UK mortgages looks after 170k mortgage customers, of which 10,000 are in active arrears.
The area is responsible for arrears policy, strategy and all customer interaction, seeking to minimise BOI UK plc losses and manage our customers in a fair and appropriate manner in line within the increasing regulatory framework.
The area handles all Debt Management from early arrears through to forbearance and litigation and possessions.
Purpose of the role
This role will require pro-active customer contact with a view to applying tailored individual solutions which will maximize payments collected and minimize the Group`s exposure to loss.
This role will involve:
- Managing and effectively organising your own caseload to contact customers who are in arrears.
- Using negotiating and influencing skills to obtain agreed arrangements.
- Monitoring ongoing arrangements to ensure they accurately reflect customer`s current financial circumstances.
- Empathising with customers in financial difficulty whilst ensuring that Group Arrears Policy is adhered to.
- Reviewing customer budgets to ensure their mortgage debt is being prioritised and have knowledge of consequences of non-payment of other priory debts.
- Liaising with external agencies and referring customers to them if appropriate.
- Understand the key requirements of the regulatory framework in respect of Conduct Risk, ensuring in all circumstances that the customers are receiving fair outcomes.
5 Grade C or above GCSE`s including Maths & English
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of customer engagement within a collections / credit or customer service environment, preferably with knowledge of mortgage products and related regulatory environment
- Proven ability to financially assess a customer`s personal circumstances & establish appropriate strategies
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, preferably with experience of negotiation
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with ability to balance service excellence with operational effectiveness
- Ability to show flexibility and adapt positively to change in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Experience of using predictive dialler and Automated Call Distribution system.
- Knowledge of credit scoring, provisioning and reporting to credit reference agencies.
- Knowledge of Department of Works and Pensions and the benefits available to consumers
- Knowledge of legal remedies for management and ultimate recovery of debt under English, Scottish and Northern Irish Law
- Understanding of Chapter 13 of the Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules
- CeMap or Mortgage Advice Qualification
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce
- customer service experience
- Knowledge of mortgage products
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"