If you hold a valid UK driving licence, have your own vehicle and are looking to start or continue your career in care, we want to hear from you! First City Nursing and care are looking to welcome new faces to our fantastic homecare team! Work around current commitments with:
- Morning shifts 7am - 11am
- Afternoon shifts 3.30pm - 6.30pm
- Evening shifts 6.30pm - 11pm
Guaranteed hours are available*
For regular hours, alternative weekend commitment is necessary.
Visit service users in and around Swindon as you provide care to individuals who need support. Assist with personal care, meal preparation, medication and anything else outlined within their individual care plans. Meet a variety of people with different stories to share and put a smile on someone's face while they maintain as much independence as they can - we encourage the idea of service users being comfortable in their own home for as long as possible. A person's independence, dignity and quality of life is of the highest importance.
Experience for this role isn't necessary, First City Nursing and Care provide a full 4-day training induction and ongoing development at our in-house training facility. But a full driving licence and your own car is essential.
As a Care Assistant, your main duties and responsibilities are:
- To follow each individual care plan - assist service users as appropriate with their personal needs, such as dressing, washing, feeding etc
- Assist service users with, or where necessary carry out light housework
- Encourage independence where possible
- Ensure privacy, respect and dignity in all circumstances.
Employment subject to satisfactory references and DBS check as well as successful attendance and completion of the company induction.