**Montessori Teacher - Rotherhithe, London**
**Salary up to £22k**
Our client is looking for a Montessori Teacher to join their team at their nursery in Rotherhithe. The position can be full or term time hours.
The Montessori teacher is responsible to the Manager.
Duties will include:
1. To be responsible for the daily running and administration of the classroom. Adhering to the Policies & Procedures, ensuring compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation, all within the requirements and guidelines laid down by Department of Education and the National Standards.
2. Maintaining sole responsibility for the smooth running of the class. Incorporating the Montessori Curriculum in line with the National Curriculum.
3. Work effectively with the staff to create a safe and stimulating learning experience for the children.
4. Ensuring a healthy relationship is maintained with parents of the students.
5. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the Nursery.
6. Supporting and liaising with the Manager on a daily basis.
7. Supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
8. Planning and preparing activities to develop all aspects of the child’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
9. Ensuring that the preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the classroom, kitchen and equipment are carried out according to the Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
10. Liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the Nursery.
11. Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
12. Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
13. Assisting the Manager and participating in arranging regular parents’ evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings and ensuring effective marketing.
14. Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager.
- Recognised Montessori training and qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Childcare and be able to demonstrate past
- Montessori teaching experience
- A firm understanding and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Welfare Requirements and how these are put into practice
- Good command over written & spoken English and be able to write precise observations.
- Sound Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Good communication and analytical skills
Tigerlily Recruitment are here to help you to make the right choice in your next career move - if you meet the criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advice please apply ASAP for an informal and confidential chat.
We currently have Nursery Manager, Deputy Nursery Manager, Montessori, QTS, Room Leader and Nursery Nurse / Nursery Practitioner vacancies