The role will involve project based assignments with our London and Brussels offices, working primarily within the Monitoring Trustee Team
The Monitoring Trustee team is a small, dynamic consultancy team providing companies, advisors and regulatory authorities with advice on the design, implementation and monitoring of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and state aid cases. The role will involve work mainly with large and listed companies with turnovers in excess of £2bn.
The Manager or Senior Manager would be a qualified lawyer with 1-2 years or 4+ years PQE, ideally with experience from a leading law firm or competition authority. The candidate would be expected to participate in the active growth of our Consulting practice by contributing to multiple client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and lead business development activities on key accounts.
As a Manager or Senior Manager, you will be required to:
• Work as part of small and large-sized multidisciplinary engagement team delivering monitoring trustee work
• Manage project execution and delivery of client engagements, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed timeline and budget
• Identify likely issues that could impact delivery and leverage Mazars network support as required
• Ensure prompt and effective communications with internal/external contacts;
• Prepare memos and reports within agreed timescales ensuring timely execution and precision and ensuring all instructions have been carried out accurately;
• Plan, organise and prioritise work activities to ensure targets and quality standards are met
• Be proactive in dealing with outstanding matters on the assignments;
• Work with MT managers / directors and the partner team to develop our product offerings, and marketing to external and internal clients. Prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the MT team’s sales budget;
• Any other work of an administrative nature or project work to ensure the smooth running of the business;
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of Competition Law and Monitoring Trustee matters.
• Assist in the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies
• Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff.
• Experience in the competition law and regulatory sectors, ideally in advisory, compliance or regulatory roles.
• Comprehensive understanding of businesses, structures, governance frameworks and process & control infrastructures of firms in the financial services or legal sector.
• Experience/knowledge of one or more of the following:
• The UK or EU competition law regulatory framework, covering both existing and forthcoming regulations. Specifically knowledge of the European Commission and the CMA and its role in M&A, and any other national competition authority and implementation of remedies.
• Review of transaction agreements in large, complex M&A transactions including licensing, distribution, patent and IP related agreements
• Risk identification, measurement, management, monitoring, reporting and risk governance – drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, terms of reference for Committees, risk management framework, risk logs.
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to develop and maintain internal and external network of contacts;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present effectively to senior level client executives.
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent drafting skills and communication skills both oral and written;
• Ability to work as a team as well as manage projects independently;
• Works well with others in the team and acts as a role model, setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development;
• Communicates team goals with clarity, sets clear objectives for team members that are aligned to business plans and monitors and assesses performance, providing timely feedback and support as necessary;
• The individual will need to be able to work collaboratively with more senior members of the trustee team;
• IT skills including use of Microsoft Office and Sharepoint;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Enthusiastic and demonstrates a positive attitude towards change;
• Adaptable to changing demands and priorities;
• Willingness to travel, including at short notice;
• Actively support business development;
• Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
• Educated to degree level with a post graduate qualification in finance, law or business;
• Qualification as solicitor, barrister or equivalent PQE
• Fluency in at least one language in addition to English (in particular, Portuguese, Spanish or Chinese)
Diversity and Inclusion at Mazars
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are no
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'