The role will involve project based assignments at our London office, working within the Monitoring Trustee Team.
The Monitoring Trustee team is a small, dynamic consultancy team providing companies, advisors and regulatory authorities with advice on the design, implementation and monitoring of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and State aid cases.
An opportunity has arisen for an individual with excellent financial analyst skills and experience of M&A transactions to work on a number of projects with our existing team of economists and lawyers.
The role will be based in London, involving some travel to meet our international clients across Europe and beyond.
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to:
• Manage/Lead small- to large-sized and multidisciplinary engagement teams
• Assist the Monitoring Trustee partner in monitoring compliance with the remedies offered to the competition authorities, with a focus on divestment commitments, monitoring the financial performance of businesses, the sales process and assessing the proposed buyers financial resources and business plans
• Manage project execution and delivery of client engagements, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed timeline and budget
• Identify likely issues that could impact delivery and leverage Mazars network support as required
• Interact with multiple key stakeholders on a regular basis (clients, competition authorities, clients’ legal and financial advisors)
• Draft regular reports to competition authorities with the assistance of more junior staff, and under the supervision of engagement partners
• Identify business development opportunities and prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the Consulting team’s sales budget. As a Senior Manager the role would include leading the development of opportunities in line with key areas of development
• Assist in/lead the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies
• Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff.
• Extensive experience working with in a professional services organisation, managing financial due diligence, financial advisory and/or other transaction related engagements.
• Experience in transaction services and monitoring trustee services
• Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA or CFA (or equivalent)
• Experience of competition economics and competition policy would be advantageous
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data with a critical eye, generate insights and construct solutions are required.
• Flexible, self-motivated, able to perform consistently at a high level under pressure, extremely well organised with high attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines, have exceptional written and verbal communications skills and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
• Experience of being in a client-facing role with an ability to build and develop relationships with all key stakeholders.
• A working knowledge of another European language (German, French or other) will be advantageous.
• Strong IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• The ability to analyse large amounts of data
What’s in it for you
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. In addition to the core benefits, it lets you pick options from a range of benefits that we have negotiated to take advantage of a combination of Mazars' buying power and tax breaks. This way you select the benefit package that suits you and the needs of your family!
Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'