An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join our wonderful team at our Centre of Engagement, London.
This will be on a full-time permanent, basis (37.5 hours per week) working Monday - Friday (though flexibility will be considered if required)
You will work with various colleagues across Mencap to help them collect, store and analyse their data, ensuring that the information gathered is used to make evidence-based decisions and improve outcomes for people with a learning disability and their families.
To achieve the above, you will:
- Support colleagues to identify the information that they need to collect from project's participants, staff, and other stakeholders
- Identify and/or develop tools, such as questionnaires, to help staff gather accurate data
- Work with staff to develop systems to collect, store and analyse data, ensuring that the processes and systems adopted are ethical and in line with relevant data protection policy and legislation
- Train staff to use data collection tools in an appropriate way, ensuring that the information gathered is accurate
- Undertake the analysis of data yourself, including quantitative analysis, where necessary, and presenting key findings in a way that is appropriate and accessible to a non-specialist audience
- Support staff to analyse and make sense of their data, building their ability to draw key conclusions and appreciate the limitations of the analysis conducted
- Work in collaboration with the Impact and Evaluation manager to produce evaluation reports, where necessary
Key Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree level education OR demonstrable equivalent professional experience is essential
- Experience of developing monitoring and evaluation tools is essential
- Knowledge of common spreadsheet and database programmes e.g. MS Excel, Access, etc., for data collection and analysis is essential
- Experience of undertaking quantitative analysis is essential
- Knowledge of different research and evaluation methods is essential
- Knowledge, or willingness to acquire knowledge about, the issues affecting people with a learning disability and their families is essential
- Understanding of ethical and data protection issues, and ability to address these in line with relevant policy and legislation is essential
- Ability to use statistical tools, such as STATA, SPSS, or R is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work using own initiative is essential
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential
- Ability to travel within the UK as and when required
If you would like to take your career in another direction or you feel Mencap is the move you have been looking for, then we would be more than happy to welcome an application from you today.
Please click the "Apply" button to submit an application & springboard your career to new heights …. Good Luck!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ashley on
- Debeloping tools
- Data Collection & Analytics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job