Modular Cabin Repair & Maintenance Operative
Modular Cabin Repair & Maintenance Operative, Based in Livingston, Salary: up to £10.45ph + overtime at time + half, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), pension, life insurance and career development opportunities.
This role could suit candidates from a range of backgrounds including; Multi Trader, Property Maintenance, Handyman, Handy Person, Manufacturing Operative, Fitter / Fabricator.
We have an opportunity for a Modular Cabin Repair & Maintenance Operative / Fitter to join the market leading provider of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings and associated. The depot operation stores and prepares the units ready for hire or sale, refurbishing and modifying as required.
The role: The company's Cabin Fitters are multi-skilled and carry out a variety of tasks every day whilst refurbishing the fleet of cabins (wood, plastic and steel) for hire. Full training and the opportunity to develop your skills will be available. Once fully trained, you may be involved in;
- Fitting and removal of partitions, floors, ceilings & other fittings
- Cleaning units or preparing furniture for the units
- Preparation, shot blasting and painting both interior and exterior paintwork
- Completing basic plumbing or electrical work (PAT Testing); installing sinks, taps, worktops, water heaters, hand dryers etc.
- Use of use a B1 Forklift or Power Pallet Truck or Low Loader Picker to move units and items.
- Fit door locks and cut keys and perform basic uncoded welding
- Lay vinyl floor coverings
- Cut a window/door panel from a blank panel and repair window roller shutters
- All other general maintenance, repair, assembly and fitting work as required.
The environment is a busy one, with lots of variety and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills. You would need to have a willingness to learn; the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team; a flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Preferably have a good mix of general repair / maintenance / multi trader / handyman work experience or experience in a Manufacturing Operative / Fitter role with experience of using power tools.
- A good understanding of H&S and quality
- A good work ethic and positive attitude with the ability to work in a manual role.
If this sounds like the opportunity, you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Equal opportunities and diversity: Our client are committed to building a diverse, equal and inclusive culture. They aim to establish and maintain a leadership team and colleague population that reflects our society. They invite all colleagues to bring their whole selves to work and strive for an environment which is fair, and in which all of their colleagues are able to do their best each day.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'