My client is a Big 4 Consultancy currently looking to grow out their Model Risk team. The MRM team advises and assists a range of clients (from large international banks to smaller financial institutions) in developing their MRM framework. The successful candidate will be expected to assist on both technical engagements which typically consist of model development and validation activities, as well as model risk governance projects.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the model risk management framework including best practice for the various components and a good understanding of the end-to-end model risk lifecycle.
- Blend of quantitative skills and risk governance knowledge is essential.
- Ability to distil highly technical content into a simple and clear manner for non-technical senior management.
- Thorough understanding of financial products.
- Ability to write highly technical documentation to a standard that adheres to SR11-7 requirements.
- Excellent project management skills including ability to support the initiation, delivery and risk management aspects of large engagements and overseeing junior resources.
- Excellent oral / written communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility to contribute on a broad range of banking risk engagements as well as external marketing material.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- An ideal candidate will have significant experience in a similar role in a consulting firm or financial institution.
- Detailed product/industry knowledge
- Awareness of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions (specifically, SR11’7)
- Risk Management