MOD Guard Service - Security Officer - Shift Worker
Kentigern House, Glasgow G2 8EX
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work with a diverse range of talent. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
DIO is a workplace where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We aim to develop and support staff to meet the Department's objectives, and to fulfil their own potential.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities and we treat people fairly irrespective of their background.
This culture of inclusion is underpinned by our 6 staff networks covering Disability, Faith and Belief, Gender Equality, LGBTQI+, Race, Social Mobility and 3 networks dealing with employee wellbeing and support: Speak Safe Volunteers, Mental Health First Aiders and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisers.
Our staff, future and current will be guided by the 4 C’s and we encourage you to be curious and continuously strive for improvement, collaborative in an inclusive culture, bold and resilient and committed to Defence, empowered and able to challenge so you can play a key part in shaping the direction of our organisation.
DIO commits to offer its employees the following experience:
• Meaningful, purposeful work
• The ability to learn and grow
• The right opportunities and resources
• To care about your wellbeing
• To feel valued and included
Do you have what it takes to be part of our Gold Standard security service?
MGS holds the National Security Inspectorate Gold Standard and is passionate about delivering a great service for its customers and workforce. It also has Customer Service Excellence accreditation and holds the Committed to Equality Gold Standard.
In the MGS, a guard is known as a Civilian Security Officer 5 (CSO5). A Supervisor is known as a Civilian Security Officer 4 (CSO4). They are managed by an Operations Manager who may be responsible for staff on a single site or a group of sites.
See more about our Security Officer role on YouTube https://youtu.be/nzSK9OPOoDI
Security Officers are responsible for providing, or supervising the provision of, an overt unarmed security presence. They will be responsible for delivery of the service to the highest standards in accordance with current MOD, DIO/MGS and Establishments policies, processes and instructions and site Post Instructions.
The key duties of a guard (CSO5) are as follows. Please note that these duties can vary from site to site. (Recruiting LM to delete those that don't apply)
• Controlling vehicular and pedestrian access and exit to/from site by confirming bona fides
• Issue of passes using site IT systems or SISYS where installed
• Reporting of environmental issues
• Issue and receipt of keys
• Patrolling on foot and in a vehicle
• Searching of vehicles, baggage, personnel, buildings and open areas
• Traffic management
• Checking identity on site (ad hoc)
• Writing reports on breaches of security or defects and maintaining daily logs
• Referral of complaints
• Reporting MGS infrastructure defects
• Dealing with demonstrators and intruders as directed by those holding operational control
• Safeguarding classified information and material
• Cooperating with other security providers
• Liaising with emergency services and invoking emergency procedures
• Operating and monitoring security systems; CCTV and alarms etc
• Operating and communicating effectively over the telephone and/or radio
• Reporting safety hazards and accidents in accordance with current instructions
• Carrying out, if required, initial action at the scene of any incident
• Other tasks commensurate with the grade
Desirable Experience & Skills
A background, qualification or demonstrable interest in the delivery of site security and/or customer service will be an advantage.
Where close area working arrangements are in place staff may be required to attend other sites within their travel to work area (one hour from their home) on a detached duty basis.
About our Team
MGS is part of DIO which plays a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Under the Future DIO Transformation Programme, DIO will become the MOD’s professional estate services business and realise our organisational vision of providing a better estate, a better service and a better business. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation – GOV.UK
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Managing a Quality Service
BenefitsWe enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people, they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
The MOD Discover My Benefits page lists the full set of benefits. Some of the many benefits you will receive include:
• Free uniform
• High quality functional training
• 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
• Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergenc
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'