Here at Middletons, we believe that everyone should be free to live a rich and fulfilling life. This belief affects everything that we do and is reflected in our range of bespoke, handmade rise and recliner chairs, adjustable beds, scooters and mobility aids which have already empowered thousands to enjoy the independence they deserve.
Middleton’s is now looking to develop its team with a Mobility Service Engineer working Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Applicants will hold a full driving licence, preferably reside locally to Bristol and be keen to learn our products, you will work on a range of mobility equipment including mobility scooters, wheelchairs, rise and recliner chairs, beds and other products.
This exciting new vacancy exists for an equally ambitious and highly motivated, results driven team player, to work in a successful team to ensure both Oak Tree Mobility and Middleton’s is providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction through effective aftersales service, installations and maintenance. Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Maintaining an effective Workshop and Parts Store, keeping it tidy and well organised to operate within budgets set.
- Managing stock within the Workshop and Parts Store.
- Organisation of parts required for repairs and strict management of warranty cycles.
- Calling customers to provide a trouble shoot (an initial trouble shoot will be completed by Customer Service staff prior to engaging you).
- Conducting repairs in customer’s homes and on Company premises.
- As required, being able to install and repair product ranges including Mobility Scooters, Riser Recliner Chairs, Adjustable Beds, Power Chairs.
- Conducting planned services to relevant products.
- Keeping records of jobs completed including time confirmation, parts usage, tasks performed and recommendations, ensuring chargeable jobs are billed correctly.
- Once you have received a request to contact a customer, you will operate to the SLA required by the Motability Scheme.
- You will be expected to honestly determine cause of fault and where appropriate take payment in advance of carrying out a job.
- Managing your own diary and communicating your commitments to the wider team.
- Training staff and sharing knowledge to improve the effectiveness of initial trouble shoot.
- To generally support the Store Manager as required to solve issues.
- There may be call outs required, for which extra payment will be made if it’s out of hours.
- You will be required to travel and you must hold a valid full clean Driving License
- The role may require you to work alone so you’ll be depended upon to draw on your experience and knowledge to identify and solve problems.
- Experience in the maintenance and minor repair on a range of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment, in the customer’s environment
- Experience of computers is essential, as you will be required to log all calls and access customer and equipment information.
- The Operations Team have a great team ethos so you’ll be expected to be integral to the team and will be relied upon at all times to offer support, demonstrate your competency and be a fantastic multitasker.
- You’ll possess a team orientated approach with great house-keeping skills, be hard working and diligent.
Here at Middletons, we believe that everyone should be free to live a rich and fulfilling life. This belief affects everything that we do and is reflected in our range of bespoke, handmade rise and recliner chairs, adjustable beds, stairlifts and scooters which have already empowered thousands to enjoy the independence they deserve. It is clear that our customers share our passion, and over the years, we have become known throughout the South West for our fantastic prices, unparalleled quality, and first-class service. Our years of experience means that we understand the level of respect and service required.
At Middletons, we're investing, we're growing. And we've got real purpose as we champion a better way of doing business for you and your customer. It's an exciting time to join us. Authentic, engaging and inspirational in your approach, you'll deliver high standards, drive sales.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity for career progression
- Staff discount scheme
- Company van