As a Mobile Test Engineer within Whitbread, you will be responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process with end-to-end quality in mind. Ensuring agile test automation principles are embedded in the Apps development cycle.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Developer in Test, Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure Java step def automation scripts are produced from the BDD test cases.
- Involved in the Development Cycle, understanding the code upon which the application is built on a deep level.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Constantly embeds Apps automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing within Sprint and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrates that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Apps Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
- Support an effective and accurate test environment is in place for Apps automation.
What we are looking for
- Automated BDD and TDD commercial experience within Apps automation frameworks (preferably iOS XUnit/Swift & Android Appium).
- Experience working on native App development and Selenium Java Automation
- Solid understanding of a range of programming languages, database concepts.
- Able to interact and understand end user software requirements, knows product knowledge, participates in product or software designing.
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- A can-do professional approach to business and a willingness to be held accountable for results
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'