Are you looking for an IT Customer Support Engineer role where you can make a real difference to the education of children in the UK?
Do you want to work for Company which has been certified a Top Employer for 11 years running?
Do you get a buzz out of going the extra mile for customers?
Can you grow your technical skills to manage a broad and constantly evolving range of ICT?
If so then our IT Customer Support Engineer role could be just what you are looking for…….
RM Education is the leading provider of IT software & services to the Education sector. In the RM Managed Services team we want to be the ICT support partner for our schools, not just a supplier. In schools they want ICT to just work and our Support Engineers play a vital role in achieving this.
In this role you are predominantly based on one school site where will you will build relationships within the school so that you can understand their aims and vision to support them and their IT and enable them to deliver fantastic teaching & learning experiences for their students.
This is a very varied and autonomous role with a focus on providing broad 1st/ 2nd line technical problem solving/network management as well as building strong relationships with the school leadership and teaching staff and ensuring contractual compliance against KPI's and SLAs.
Skills & Experience
- Strong multitasking & problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, face to face and other remote access methods.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Customer focused.
- Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
- Flexible to visit other schools within the region as and when required
- 1st/2nd line IT support & implementation experience including MS Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems and MS Office 2010 through to 2016.
- 1st/2nd line support for Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP & WINS.
- 1st line support of network infrastructure, VMware, Citrix, Apple, Google & archiving solutions.
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme
RM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all permanent and temporary staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.