Responsible for the day-today maintenance, modification, and repair of plant and equipment to a standard consistent with the agreed level of service in a safe, efficient timely and cost effective manner. Provide effective leadership and direction of resources. Monitoring of performance against set technical and financial targets, quality standards, and statutory requirements.
- Establish and maintain a positive team relationship across the Contract.
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff including working with contractors
- Schedule and conduct monthly Engineers meetings.
- Work with Contract managers and Supervisors to manage project and small works task with minimal disruption to the client.
- Be available for Client Meetings
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across the sites, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Assist Contract Managers to ensure profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and maintain effective relationships with key client contacts.
- Promote and maintain the core Values of CBRE
- Ensure basic training needs are delivered, including tool box talks and engineers are fully competent to undertake their roles.
- Supervise area Team in accordance with CBRE, Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure compliance with and record keeping for CBRE ISO 9002 Quality Management System.
- Advise the Contract Manager & CAFM Co-ordinator on labour levels and holiday/absence cover.
- First line supervision of Specialist Service Contractors,
- Utilising Concept to monitor staff’s performance and ensure service delivery.
- Ensure the effective & efficient use of Concept by the engineering teams.
- Raising of purchase order request within Concept
- Communicating with Suppliers/Sub contractors to ensure better buying within a timely manner.
Decision Making/Budgetary Control:
- The day-to-day supervision of operational staff, including health and safety, coaching, development and discipline. Responsible for ensuring the proper use and of operation of plant, equipment, and systems. Certifying of orders and authorisation of expenditure up to the agreed level.
- Deputise for the Contract Manager in his absence.
- SLA Conformance
- Statutory Conformance
- QHSE Audits
- KPMG Task Audits
- Contractual Delivery - Quote generation, WIP, OPO’s etc
- Team Development
- Competency to Deliver
Educated to a minimum of HNC in a mechanical or electrical discipline, with additional appropriate supervisory qualification (NVQ level 3 supervisory units or equivalent) and have completed a recognised technical training scheme. A minimum of seven years experience including two years in a supervisory role is required.
A full understanding of current relevant regulations including IEE 17th edition and NICEIC, together with a sound working knowledge of the safe systems of work associated with the Health and Safety at Work Act. Previous experience as Senior Authorised Person for HV electrical systems is essential.
Extensive knowledge of building systems and controls including but not limited to, Life safety systems, Lighting and power, HVAC, BMS and BeMS and L8 Control.
Knowledge of logbook systems and their upkeep
Knowledge of ISO systems
Knowledge and application of relevant building and system regulations.
Previous working with structured PPM delivery and Project supervison works.
Experience of working with business critical equipment.
Working within a customer focused role.
Minimum 2 years of leading a multi disciplined engineering team at Supervisor level.
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Able to work under pressure.
Able to make sound decisions when required.
Must be reliable and able to work without supervision
A team player.
Good Communication skills both written and verbal
Ability to work under pressure and within strict timescales
Ability to motivate and lead a team
Flexible working depending on Projects
Work between the London region KPMG sites and other KPMG sites as agreed
To be available for weekend and out of hours working as required.
- Competency to Deliver