Are you an experienced Warehouse, Site or Mobile Plant Operative looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Mobile Plant Operative for our team in Dunbar, working 42.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Mobile Plant Operative, we can offer a salary of £27,323 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Mobile Plant Operative:
As the Mobile Plant Operative, you will have the ability to carry out instructions and requests with accuracy and effectiveness. We require you to have:
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent system
- Experience in the operation of mobile plant FLT/NEWP/Loaders etc.
- Ability to process high volumes of data/information.
- Minimal Intermediate Level 1: Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Lifting / Slinging, plant or FLT certification
Mobile Plant Operative Responsibilities include:
- To ensure that all waste reception procedures comply with site instructions which have been identified by Company Management.
- To administer the weighing of vehicles, completing tickets as required.
- Carry out routine tasks and testing of plant equipment. Update the shift log including plant and process changes, diligent shift handover to ensure effective communication to the follow-on shift.
- Assist with all shutdown activities within the plant ensuring plant downtime is minimised, also carry out front line maintenance to ensure plant availability is maintained
- Control of vehicle movements in the tipping hall area ensuring compliance at all times.
- Assisting with loading and unloading operations
- Operation of overhead cranes, mobile plant and machinery
- Carry out front line maintenance activities within the tipping area and whole plant if requires
- carry out random inspections of Delivered waste to ensure compliance with the EPC (PPC) permit and record, reporting any none-conformances
- Ensure that all defect reporting within CMMS is effective and followed through to completion promptly and that PPM's are completed as require
- Work as part of a team striving for continual improvement in minimising Health & Safety risks on site.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Mobile Plant Operative.
Closing Date: 12th March 2018
- Plant Operative
- Site Operative