Mobile Maintenance Engineer based in Southampton area to work on covering various sites including Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Southampton, and Basingstoke. This posiiton is working on a 3 month temp to perm basis.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Carry out technical surveys of the above services and systems, reporting findings to the Building Services Supervisor (BSS). Producing list costs of material required for any minor works required.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client. Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints, reporting actions taken to line management.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Carry out minor installation work to the above services and systems.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules. Surveying and accepting new works carried out by specialist sub-contractors.
- Carry out duties in accordance with company procedures and the clients' requirements in order to fulfil contractual obligations.
- In conjunction with other team members and other locations, establish contingency measures to ensure full services are available during periods of absence. Providing cover where necessary at other sites within a reasonable distance.
- Undertake any training that may be required to fulfil duties.
- Maintain test equipment and tools associated with your role, ensuring they are fit for purpose at all times.
- To comply with any and all instructions given by BSS / ESM. Undertaking any other duties as reasonably requested, which are within your competence and experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a similar environment with multi-site locations.
- Conversant with a wide range of building service systems and equipment.
- Sound Electrical and Mechanical knowledge.
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices.
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognized equivalent.
- 17th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognized equivalent.
- Electrical Apprenticeship - gained within the building maintenance industry.
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules.
- Experienced in electrical installation work, plus electrical testing and inspection.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.