Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Electrician
Location: Covering Slough and the surrounding Area
Salary: Between £29,000-£29,500 (depending on experience and qualifications) plus Company Van, Pension, Health Plan + an additional £500 added to your salary after satisfactory completion of first 6 months
Our client is a market leading Facilities Management company enjoying substantial growth with an impressive multi-site customer base.
As a result of continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Mobile Maintenance Electrician to provide building/electrical maintenance services for around 8-10 Care Homes in and around the Slough area.
Role will involve travel which will be within 1 hour radius around the Slough area.
This role is responsible for maintaining and repairing a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment, including building services, within a number of residential care homes in a defined geography. Whilst the role requires the successful candidate to be electrically qualified, the scope of the duties it broad and the role requires an 'all-rounder" who is equally comfortable performing general repairs to the fabric of the buildings, including basic plumbing and joinery duties. The successful candidate will work around vulnerable people, demonstrating the highest standards of health and safety, with empathy and respect for the client group. Due to the nature of this client group, this role may require a DBS (criminal record check) to be completed.
- To undertake regular planned visits, completing PPM tasks and minor repairs requested by the Client;
- To undertake a variety of legal compliance electrical testing, including emergency lighting, fire alarm and in-house servicing of equipment;
- To undertake a variety of electrical repairs arising from periodic inspection and testing;
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, developing a good working relationship with the Helpdesk and Client site teams;
- To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, on time and to the laid-down procedures;
- To respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and undertake repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible;
- To prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed response times and, in the case of major delays, liaise with your Supervisor / Manager for direction;
- Ordering and maintenance of materials, tools and equipment, in accordance with company procedures;
- To advise the Helpdesk where 3rd party contractor attendance is needed, either for quotation or to effect specialist repairs, and to provide the job specification;
- To manage the attendance of subcontractors and to ensure they undertake works to the agreed standards and within budgeted costs;
- To carry out remedial works, minor alterations and installations;
- To advise where capital purchases are needed as equipment is at the end of its life.
- To undertake surveys and reports as requested.
- Where applicable, to maintain asset registers ensuring all equipment is tagged.
This role will require:
- A high degree of flexibility in working hours and tasks, working on an on-call rota (1 in every 4 weeks)
- The ability to self-manage, use initiative and prioritise effectively
- High degree of mobility, travelling throughout the area and driving the company supplied vehicle
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- A commitment to excellence in Health and Safety standard
- Experience in a multi-trade role would be desirable - plumbing, joinery, fire and nurse call systems
- A DBS (criminal record check) to be completed
- Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate empathy and respect for working with vulnerable people
Candidates must be 17th edition qualified and must be an apprentice served electrician with an appropriate City & Guilds or above qualification and ideally C&G 2391 (2394/2395) qualified.
The role will involve approximately a 50/50 split of electrical maintenance and general building fabric maintenance, so please only apply if you are happy to do both electrical and general building fabric maintenance.
Candidates must hold a full and valid driving licence and be willing to travel on a daily basis.
To apply please send an up to date CV to Jonathan Sweasey at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.
- Building Maintenance
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Mechanical
- Facilities Management
- Property Maintenance