Mobile Maintenance Electrician (West Yorkshire)
Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Electrician
Location: West Yorkshire | Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield
Salary: £28,750 + Company Van, Pension, Health Plan
Our client is a market leading Facilities Management company enjoying substantial growth with an impressive multi-site customer base.
As a result of continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Multi-Site Maintenance Electrician to provide building/electrical maintenance services for Care Homes in the West Yorkshire region.
This role is responsible for maintaining and repairing a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment, including building services, within a number of residential care homes in a defined geography. The successful candidate will work around vulnerable people, demonstrating the highest standards of health and safety, with empathy and respect for the client group. Due to the nature of this client group, this role may require a DBS (criminal record check) to be completed.
- To undertake regular planned visits, completing PPM tasks and minor repairs requested by the Client;
- To undertake a variety of legal compliance electrical testing, including emergency lighting, fire alarm and in-house servicing of equipment;
- To undertake a variety of electrical repairs arising from periodic inspection and testing;
- To undertake regular planned home visits and complete PPM tasks and minor repairs requested by the Customer
- To undertake a variety of legal compliance electrical testing including emergency lighting, fire alarm and fixed wire
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, developing a good working relationship with the Helpdesk and Client site teams;
- To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, on time and to the laid-down procedures;
- To respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and undertake repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible;
- To prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed response times and, in the case of major delays, liaise with your Supervisor / Manager for direction;
- Ordering and maintenance of materials, tools and equipment, in accordance with company procedures;
- To advise the Helpdesk where 3rd party contractor attendance is needed, either for quotation or to effect specialist repairs, and to provide the job specification;
- To manage the attendance of subcontractors and to ensure they undertake works to the agreed standards and within budgeted costs;
- To carry out remedial works, minor alterations and installations;
- To advise where capital purchases are needed as equipment is at the end of its life.
- To undertake surveys and reports as requested.
- Where applicable, to maintain asset registers ensuring all equipment is tagged.
This role will require:
- A high degree of flexibility in working hours and tasks, working on an on-call rota (1 in every 3 weeks)
- The ability to self-manage, use initiative and prioritise effectively
- High degree of mobility, travelling throughout the area and driving the company supplied vehicle
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- A commitment to excellence in Health and Safety standard
- A DBS (criminal record check) to be completed
- Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate empathy and respect for working with vulnerable people
Candidates must be 17th edition qualified and must be an apprentice served electrician with an appropriate City & Guilds or above qualification and ideally C&G 2391 qualified.
Candidates must hold a full and valid driving licence.
To apply please send an up to date CV to Chris Foster at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job