School Crossing Mobile Patrol Officer/Mobile Lollipop Person
Permanent, part time contract - Weekdays for 39 weeks per year
5 hours per week plus additional hours when needed
£7.88 per hour
STOP! Are you looking for an opportunity to support your community in a socially rewarding and invigorating way?
The role of School Crossing Patrol Officer/Lollipop Person is ideal for someone who is looking for a good reason to get up bright and early each morning and has a little time to spare (once in the morning and once in the afternoon, both for approx. 45mins) to help the community and ensure the safety of all pedestrians crossing the road to and from school and its surrounding locations.
All uniforms, equipment and training will be provided.
5.0 hours per week retainer paid plus duty hours as worked. Mileage paid minus first and last 5 miles and travel time in excess of 15 mins journey time per trip is paid. Additional travel time allowed for morning congestion.
The basic salary equates to payment during term-time (academic year) for 5 hours per week with a holiday pay element included. In return for your basic salary you agree to be available to work during the 39 weeks of the academic year. This will include up to five training and development days. You will receive this payment irrespective of any hours worked.
Additional hours worked will be reimbursed monthly in addition to your basic salary and paid at your normal rate of pay.
All journeys to and from a school crossing site where you are required to work will be counted as working time paid at your normal rate of pay minus the first 15 minutes of each journey - time claimed must be calculated using the normal travel time and route as shown by a UK on-line route planning calculator.
Mileage is paid for this role minus five miles for the first and last journey of each day in accordance with ECC's Travel and Subsistence policy.
GO! If you think you can help out your local school please read on and apply below.
As the school's designated Lollipop person your role will be:
- To have regard for the needs of people with disabilities, especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing point.
- Maintain regular contact with the schools attended by children using the crossing.
- When requested, assist children crossing the road when walking to and from special events.
- To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems. Report problems and defects to supervisor.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on accidents and failure to stop incidents and other incidents occurring at the crossing site.
- To ensure that all uniform and equipment provided is maintained in good condition and replacements requested when needed.
- To give clear signals to drivers when stopping traffic and ensuring that the traffic remains at rest until the road at the crossing point is clear of pedestrians. · When requested, to assist with road safety and pedestrian training.
- To carry out the Council's policy with regard to the school crossing patrol service, as outlined in the service handbook and other policies and procedures, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Clean driving licence and vehicle access.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- lollipop person harlow
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'