Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Mobile Lab Technician based in and around Manchester to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme, helping society's return to a more normal way of life.
Gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community and join a supportive environment where training and accreditation (where relevant) will be provided for this role.
What you can expect:
- This position will be ideal for new graduates with experience working in a laboratory environment and a clear understanding of the health and safety protocols in a lab environment.
- Process samples from receipt, through to sample processing and storage, in line with laboratory and quality management processes
- Support testing within a specific section of the process (e.g. sample processing, RNA extraction, PCR preparation)
- Work closely with Senior Lab technicians and Bioscientist Leads to identify issues in the lab to facilitate timely resolution
- Work in accordance to laboratory SOPs and ensure high levels of cleanliness
What we're looking for:
This position will be ideal for new graduates with experience working in a laboratory environment and a clear understanding of the health and safety protocols in a lab environment.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. (Hons) in Biological sciences/Molecular biology/genetics or a similar related discipline or relevant experience/training within in a similar technical/research post
- Experience in a laboratory setting (academic, clinical or industrial)
- Experience of using a biosafety cabinet
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety protocols in a lab environment
- Evidence of strong communication and team-working skills
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail
You will receive a minimum 6 month contract
Working hours and shift times
The role will work on rotating day patterns (including some weekend work)
Diversity at NHS Test and Trace
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team that reflects the communities we serve. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and empowering them to contribute fully at work.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
- lab assistant
- lab admin
- test and trace
- diagnostic lab
- scientific officer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'