Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Welwyn Garden City, Hertford – Covering Hertfordshire
£19,089 per annum (rising to £20,093 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Mobile Caretaker to join our well established Estate Services team in Hertford. Covering the Hertfordshire area, you will be working across multiple sites per day, with a focus to provide true customer service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding and individual effort is recognised. If you are a self motivated and flexible team player with a keen eye for detail, this could be the role for you.
The role of Mobile Caretaker will include:
- Undertaking general caretaking duties including; cleaning communal areas, removing bulk waste, fitting carpets and basic onsite repairs
- Grounds maintenance tasks to include lawn mowing, hedge trimming and general upkeep
- Completing all documents and paperwork concerning completed tasks
- Working with customers to identify faults, resolve issues and improve services
- Ensuring tools and equipment are kept in a suitable condition
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within a cleaning or caretaking role is desirable
- Recent experience of operating mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Pesticide application (PA1 and PA6 spray licence) is desirable
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety is desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and wellbeing plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 19 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.