Mobile Backhaul Design Engineer
Initial 3 Months
A new opportunity has arisen with Pontoon within the Bristol area. One of the UK's biggest and fastest mobile telecommunication networks have an excellent opportunity to work within their growing industry, as a Backhaul Design Engineer
Deliver Radio Access Network designs to support the delivery of innovative RAN site backhaul transmission solutions. Work collaboratively with Network Designers and Architects, whilst reporting to RAN Systems and Solution Senior Manager
- Work closely with the internal Mobile Backhaul design, planning and deployment teams to ensure alignment and priorities are known and reported on a regular basis
- Undertake in depth investigation to identify root causes of any technical problems and identify the required solution to resolve.
- Analyse and inform technical projects ensuring that planned deliveries are achievable, that they call on the most appropriate technical options available, and that risks and issues are managed effectively.
- Work cooperatively with MSP and 3rd Party suppliers on network sharing framework with peer competitor/partner design teams to produce mutually beneficial cost effective designs and plans
- Ensure delivery of solution to required timescales and quality
- Work collaboratively across Access Network Design & RAN & Programmes to ensure quality and technical delivery.
- Complete design activities across the technical domain in line with delivery plans.
- Good knowledge of 4G solutions.
- Previous Transmission services (Leased line, Microwave,) and Synchronisation
- Good knowledge of both interface design and e2e architecture.
- Understanding of IPSEC and how this is implemented.
- Good knowledge of IP Fundamentals and protocol layers, TCP, UDP, GTP and SCTP Able to conduct KPI analysis for key areas such as mobility and VoLTE.
- A general understanding of 2G/3G e2e architecture
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Good knowledge of overall mobile systems, design and features and technical impact onto business contexts.
- Good Business awareness of the telecoms sector, particularly technical standards and strategic awareness.
- radio access network