Our client is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, they have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of their workforce and strong design and technical capacity. This is achieved through their commitment to long term training for their staff throughout their career, and their values of passion, integrity and excellence which remain at the heart of everything they do.
Position: Mobile Air Conditioning Service Engineer
Location: Bellshill office ML4 3NJ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £31k - £38k + VAN + Benefits
About the role:
They are currently looking to recruit a Mobile Air Conditioning Service Engineer who will be responsible for undertaking reactive and maintenance works, primarily electrical / air-conditioning to commercial and retail sites in Glasgow and the surrounding areas. Within this role you will ensure that building engineering services are maintained at all times.
Working hours are based on 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. Overtime will be available as and when required and a callout rota for out of hours cover will also be in place. Due to the retail nature of the clients, much of the work is prior to store opening and closing, therefore occasional night work is required to support the existing team. Flexibility and night working will therefore be required.
- Check and inspecting of all electrical services, plant and equipment
- Carrying out maintenance tasks in accordance with the contract specification
- Fault finding and plant adjustments
- Interfacing with specialist sub-contractors
- Implementing QA and H&S procedures
- Responding to reactive works
- General duties will require multi skilled discipline to carry their work such as fault finding to electrical wiring systems, motors, generators, lighting systems, chillers, air conditioning systems, AHU’s along with inspections and repair of all M&E systems such as extract and supply air ductwork systems, plumbing and heating systems
- Previous experience working as a maintenance engineer within the commercial / retail sectors, undertaking routine HVAC repairs & maintenance
- You will be conversant with small works installations and the testing and completing of documentation
- City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 / AM1 / AM2 (or equivalent qualifications)
- FGas – air-conditioning experience
- 17th Edition IEE Regs
- Significant experience within the maintenance field, preferably in a Commercial Office / Retail environment.
- BMS Experience
- C & G 2391 is preferred
- Ideally you will have undertaken an electrical apprenticeship
- Health and Safety and Specialist training i.e. Water treatment Systems BMS Controls, Fire & Voice Alarm Systems, etc
You may have experience of the following: Mobile Service Engineer, City & Guilds, Electrical Maintenance, Field Service Technician, Preventative Maintenance, Repair Engineer, FGas, Site Maintenance, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Site Engineer, Plant Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Air Conditioning, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job