Mixed Tax Senior - London - Top 50 Practice
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Your new company
You will be working with a Top 50 firm of accountants in East London. This is a busy firm who are now looking to appoint a Mixed Tax Supervisor to their tax team.
Your new role
As the Mixed Tax Senior, you will be working alongside two other tax professionals on a portfolio of clients made up of a mixture of sole traders, limited companies and partnerships. The role is split 50:50 personal and corporate tax and it will see you prepare the returns, ensuring compliance is present and correct, liaising with both the clients and HMRC, dealing with queries as well as identifying and resolving issues.
Each team member is allocated a portfolio of personal and corporate clients. The role involves looking after that portfolio in terms of taxation and company secretarial. The portfolio is spread across all the general Partners and the individuals will report to those general partners and the two Tax Partners on that portfolio. Specific work will include:
- Company secretarial (Dividend paperwork/AR/maintaining statutory books/PSC Register etc)
- Personal Tax Returns
- Trust Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Form 42's
- Corporation Tax reviews
- VAT compliance
- PAYE compliance
- Special work such as group reorganisations, incorporations, EMI Share options, EIS/SEIS, IHT planning, etc
- Ad hoc tax advice to the clients and the Audit team
What you'll need to succeed!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- ATT qualified, CTA part qualified or equivalent (essential).
- 3 years + tax experience.
- Experience gained in practice.
- Ability to work on a portfolio of OMBs with responsibility for compliance work.
- Good IT skills and a good technical ability.
- Be a good team player with good interpersonal skills.
What you'll get in return
In return, this firm is offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes flexitime, a pension and onsite parking. You will be working in a busy office environment where there is constant activity. The team you will be joining are established so you will be able to develop your skills within the role with a wealth of knowledge available to you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job