MERJE are currently working on behalf of a dynamic, structured Accountancy firm as they look to recruit an experienced Tax Senior.
You will be based in their Lancashire office, responsible for the preparation, review and submission of corporate tax computations, and preparation and submission of personal tax returns.
The compliance part of this role is estimated to make up most of the general duties, but there will be an opportunity to develop into an advisory role.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Management of own personal and corporate tax portfolio.
- Basic tax planning including group relief and loss claims.
- General tax advisory work depending on candidate.
- Typical work will include preparation of statutory and non-statutory clearance applications for submission to HMRC, remuneration planning, CGT and IHT planning.
- Particular emphasis on OMBs and HNWIs.
- Responding to clients' and HMRC correspondence.
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients and partners.
- Potential to become involved in ad hoc queries in relation to international trade.
- Attend business development meetings/ networking events to promote the firm.
Skills / Experiences:
- CTA and/or ACA/ACCA qualified
- A solid experience in tax
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High standard of IT literacy
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
This firm promote a healthy balance between work and home life with free on site parking and 25 days holiday as standard.
If you would like to know more please click on the link to apply.
- CORPORATION TAX
- PERSONAL TAX