My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice who now require an experienced mixed Tax Manager to provide tax and wealth planning services to an existing private client portfolio, based in Banbury.
We are looking to hire a strong mixed Tax Manager and their main role will be to support the provision of high level tax advisory services across the Firm and on their own portfolio. This will include complex tax assignments focussing on corporate and business taxes, along with; IHT, CGT, VAT and Stamp Duty Land Tax services. This is predominantly an advisory role being approximately 80% advisory and 20% compliance.
The Tax Manager will have the ability to influence the growth and development of the whole practice and this is a pivotal role in the development of taxation opportunities for their own portfolio and opportunities for clients in other areas.
This is a very progressive firm and continued growth means they are not constrained by management structures. As a result, if people add value to the firm they create roles and opportunities for them, and in turn those individuals drive growth forward from those newly created positions. Therefore, a robust reward and recognition framework is in place including tangible benefits such as above market average holidays, healthcare, medical cash plan, enhanced pension, commission on new business and life assurance. However, the non-tangible benefits are also vital and include; the ability to buy and sell holiday, flexible start and finish times, home working where needed and a strong desire to support a positive work life balance.
- Providing technical knowledge & experience to support the taxation services of the firm.
- Planning, organising, leading and controlling the work of the Tax Department
- To contribute to overall practice development.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to both Corporate and Personal clients on a wide variety of tax specific areas.
- Strategic planning, transactional advice and managing project work.
- Work with Partners autonomously to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
- Proactive tax planning, delivering a unique benefit to existing and potential clients, truly adding value to our client's businesses and individual wealth.
- Provide support and assistance in the management of tax compliance activities, including reviewing tax work performed by more junior staff.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses to become the point of contact on day to day matters for the assigned clients.
What we are looking for:
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams.
- In depth Corporate/Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits.
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
- ATT, CTA or equivalent tax qualification or qualified ACCA or ACA
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18585
- personal tax
- personal tax compliance
- corporate tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job