MIS Developer / Analyst - Transport for London
Coventry (CV6 5NS)
About the role
The MIS Developer / Analyst will report directly to the BI Manager and will be an integral member of the development and analytic teams.
This role requires a high level of flexibility as it is very varied, requiring a logical and methodical approach to dealing with requests, and the successful candidate will be one to take ownership of work and progress it even when working from sparse requirements
This role will include production, automation, maintenance and administration of both Capita and Client reporting suites as outlined in the contract.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What you will do:
- Provide an agreed suite of management reports at agreed frequencies with analysis and recommendations;
- Produce accurate detailed statistical reports in relation to all Performance Indicators (PIs) and Business Performance Indicators (BPIs) as directed by the Business Operations Managers within agreed contractual time frames;
- Proactively analyse real-time business impacts and unexpected changes to determine any detrimental effect on the business with a view to enhancing service delivery at all times;
- Review and analyse data to make appropriate recommendations to the business for service improvement and cost reduction;
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for ad-hoc management reports;
- Develop new reports and systems as required by business requirements;
- Continuously improve systems and data handling to remove manual processes and streamline working practices to drive efficiency in the team and within the business;
- Communicate complex issues to business users at all levels; explain what reports and data mean in a way that can be understood by all;
- Adhere to all company security policies and procedures ensuring any breaches are escalated accordingly;
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety in the workplace, identifying and escalating any risks immediately;
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrable skills in report production and presentation of data in a user friendly way;
- Skilled in SQL , SQL Server, SSIS, SSMS skills;
- Excellent Excel and Access skills to developer level;
- Knowledge of Cognos 10.2; ideally excellent Cognos Report writing experience
- Excellent communication, organisation and administration skills;
- Commercial awareness;
- Good knowledge of the concepts of data warehousing;
- Demonstrable skills in relational database design, report creation and SQL;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under own initiative within a team-based environment;
- Clear, logical thinking;
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience effectively;
- Good understanding/experience of business management to improve profitability and turnover;
- Ability to identify potential problems and resolve them efficiently;
- Good decision-making ability;
- Advanced PC literacy and well-developed skills in a Windows environment;
- Problem solving abilities and a "can-do" attitude are essential;
- Strong analytical and forecasting ability;
- Ability to use a range of analytical tools.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job