MIS Consultant - Princes Risborough
£27,000 - £32,000 FTE
Full time (part-time considered)
turn IT on provides hands-on ICT and computing support to over 500 primary & secondary schools with the MIS team supporting approximately 200 schools across eight different Local Authorities. The MIS team put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their administrative training and support, ensuring that they are fully capable of meeting their statutory deadlines and providing an efficient service to their schools. As an inclusive employer, we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff. turn IT on is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected.
turn IT on is a vibrant, people-focused ICT and MIS service provider for schools. We pride ourselves on always going the extra mile to provide excellent service. As a MIS Consultant, you will provide 2nd and 3rd line telephone and remote MIS support to Secondary and Primary schools
turn IT on are expanding our support of MIS in secondary schools. You will responsible for providing support for secondary and primary schools within the MIS Support Team. To provide training to the existing MIS Support Team to impart your secondary school knowledge. You are a motivated and self-directed individual, with excellent inter-personal skills and breadth of knowledge of SIMS in a secondary school setting. You are comfortable working either in a team or independently, have excellent organisation skills and are a self-learner.
You must be dedicated to deliver the turn IT on support service in a manner that embraces our company values:
- Our schools come first
- We deliver what we promise and always try to say, "Yes"
- We go the extra mile to ensure that a job is finished well
- We don’t accept mediocrity, but we do accept that we are not perfect, and we try to improve
- We encourage individual independence/responsibility plus mutual support
- Provide MIS support for Secondary and Primary schools
- Provide a one-stop shop for telephone support and assistance on schools’ MIS software to staff within schools, adhering to priorities for both primary and secondary schools
- Log all queries and requests into the Staff portal helpdesk system to ensure appropriate tracking and reporting
- Understand and adhere to MIS KPIs
- Keep schools regularly informed of progress if a case has been logged or data sent to software supplier
- Ensure emails are looked at and responded to every day
- Test and implement new MIS products and upgrades
- Support the configuration and update of MIS systems in schools, working with colleagues across the company as required
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and keeping schools informed
- Impart your specialist secondary knowledge to the MIS Support team through formal and informal training
- Play a full role in the co-ordination, implementation, production and delivery of MIS training programmes, using a variety of techniques, including formal training delivery, seminars, on-site training and workspace sessions
- Advise customers on the appropriate training and the relevant medium of delivery
- Advise and guide schools on school improvements/processes whilst promoting effective use of the school's MIS systems.
- Enable schools to complete their DfE statutory requirements by holding seminars and workspace sessions
- Develop and maintain high quality support documentation
- You will report to the MIS Support Team Lead.
turn IT on has a family friendly approach to flexible working, the role is offered as a full-time role however we will consider part time for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary, Pension scheme, Eye care voucher scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Childcare Voucher Scheme.
To apply please send an up to date CV along with a cover letter.
turn IT on is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
'Happy to talk flexible working’
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of turn IT on and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement unless otherwise indicated. For further information on how turn IT on handles personal data please refer to the turn IT on website/join the team.
- Local Authorities
- Secondary School
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job