Mining Consultant & Information Manager
Do you want to be recognised as a leading specialist in interpreting complex mining information to help the public, developers and infrastructure owners understand the impacts of mining legacy?
Here at the Coal Authority we have two fantastic opportunities to join our team as a Mining Consultant & Information Manager. This role is based in Mansfield on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £31,044 - £43,220 per annum.
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with. We are united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping people and the environment safe from mine water pollution.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important. There are a number of benefits that you’ll access being a part of our inclusive team including flexi time, 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), civil service pension scheme, gym membership contribution, and professional membership.
Our Mining Consultant & Information Manager role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high performing, diverse team of people from a variety of backgrounds in academia, civil & mechanical engineering, contaminated land, mining, construction, geophysical exploration and GIS.
We are looking someone who has a passion for plans and information coupled to an ability to visualise this in a 3D world. In essence, we investigate complex historical mining information shown on plans - some very old and sparsely detailed - alongside modern site investigation information and OS mapping to bring it to life our mining heritage and its potential modern day impact. This helps our varied customers understand what it means for them.
Responsibilities of our Mining Consultant & Information Manager:
- Use a Geographical Information System (GIS) to interpret the digital mining information
- Interpret mine abandonment plans and other historical plans & records to manage and maintain the accuracy of the digital mining information
- Review and assess new mining information and update the digital GIS database
- Provide effective customer service
- Support the wider internal business as an expert mining consultant
- Manage the information asset across the business
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes to aid the industrial strategy of the UK
- Ensure the business satisfies its statutory, legal and GDPR obligations
- Act as a point of contact for all information needs
What we’re looking for in ourMining Consultant & Information Manager:
- A degree qualification or equivalent or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mining, minerals, geotechnical engineering, earth science, geology, GIS or information management.
- Experience of working with customers and the general public
- Experience of using information in a GIS or CAD application
- Experience interpreting mining related plans and records
- GIS/CAD user experience
- Customer management
- Report writing
- Read maps and plans
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and use initiative
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as one of our Mining Consultant & Information Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd November 2020
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'