We are looking for Mill Setter to work in a local company based in Wellingborough. Opportunities have arising due to ongoing expansion with in the business and increased work load volumes .
The job role duties:
- Supervise changeovers and ensure the mill is set according to Setting Sheets.
- Set Mills ensuring that the finished products meet quality plans.
- Record rolls settings when required.
- Record setting adjustments when required.
- Read setting sheets and notify management of any changes.
- Inspect all tooling and notify engineering or production of any anomalies.
- Ensure tooling stock levels remain at an optimum level.
- Complete production paperwork accurately and punctually when required.
- Use measuring equipment as required.
- Check raw materials for quality and size.
- Promptly report machinery breakdowns to reduce production downtime.
- Repair machinery breakdowns if required and as instructed.
- Promptly report production problems to minimize downtime and optimize output & quality.
- Follow equipment instructions.
- Use overhead crane as necessary and only if approved to do so.
- Follow quarantine procedures.
- Implement agreed changes to process as required to optimize output or quality.
- Reload & restart mill safely and speedily when required.
- Communicate with previous and following shifts to ensure complete and successful transfer of relevant manufacturing information as required.
The right applicant:
- Will have worked in similar role previously
- Be machine minded
- Have fault finding experience
- Have an eye for detail
- Be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
- You will be reliable for a long term position
Hours: 6am - 2pm Fixed / 2.00pm-10pm Fixed / 10pm-6am Fixed
Days: Monday - Friday (overtime available)