To manufacture products following specific guidelines given by the Cell Leader whilst adhering to all Health and Safety legislation and Company policies and procedures. Responsible for the quality of work undertaken and for reporting non-conformities as and when they occur. Demonstrate a flexible approach and willing to work in various areas of the shop floor as and when requested by the Operations Manager. Undertake extra responsibilities as necessitated by business requirements.
To perform the following tasks prior to commencing operation:
- check drawing number and issue status is correct to work order;
- check that any referenced specifications, data sheets or instructions are available to you;
- check materials and parts are correctly identified and, where applicable, within shelf life, GRN recorded on W/O parts list;
- ensure all previous operations are correctly endorsed and stamped to verify conformity; and
- report any deviations to the above checks to the Cell Leader.
To perform the following tasks during manufacture:
- ensure the first off inspection is carried out and the route card is endorsed at each applicable operation;
- check that all products within the batch confirms to the requirements of the operation; and
- segregate any non-confirming product and report it to the Cell Leader.
To perform the following tasks on completion of the operation:
- record your name and the quantity of parts produced on the route card;
- ensure that an inspection stamp holder records the quantity of both parts accepted and non-confirming parts then stamps and dates the operation; and
- segregate any non-conforming product and report it to your supervisor.
- To ensure the safety of yourself and colleagues by following the guidelines and rules of the Employee Safety Handbook.
- Performance will be measured on the above as quality and quantity of product output.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to perform other work related tasks as and when required.
Requirements - experience:
- Skilled CNC Machinist. able to programme, set and operate our HAAS And Mori Seiki machine tools (MiniMill, VF1, VF2, VF3, NH4 & 5000 DCG HORIZ PALLET).
- Skilled Turner able to program, set and operate our turning / mill centres .
- Experienced in sliding head machine operation, Miyano, Haas (SL20 and SL30 and / or Doosan Puma 2500)
- Aerospace background.
- Programming skills.
Requirements - qualifications:
- ONC / HND production Engineering or relevant equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification or having served a manufacturing apprenticeship.
Requirements - personal characteristics
- Must display a positive attitude and be keen to learn.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and high levels of concentration.
- Good communication skills to promote good team working in the small machine shop team.
- Uses own initiative to resolve technical issues or to improve the status quo.
- Must want to make a positive contribution to the company in the forthcoming months / years.
- Must be willing to work in other areas on occasion to accommodate the needs of the Company.
- Prepared to undertake shift working, either full time nights or week about days / nights.
- The post holder will have used or have understanding of Lean tools and knows the importance of delivering QCD in an individual and team environment.
- Mechanical Engineering
- CNC Machine
- CNC Programming
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'