Migration Lead Analyst
Contract end: 31/12/2018
Reports into: Migration Manager
The role holder will be working with the Migration Manager to define and build a specific Migration governance, oversight and controls framework in line with the migration approach being implemented for the on-boarding of TPA funds. The role holder shall oversee specific activities within the Migration work stream to ensure all plans, documentation, artefacts, evidencing and controls are managed to ensure they meet client expectations.
The role holder will when required lead the data analysis, process design, testing of processes, controls & procedures associated with the migration of target funds from the legacy fund accounting system to the fund accounting systems.
The role holder will be involved in the on-boarding of the new client's Funds (ABOR & IBOR). This will include being part of the Fund Accounting Migration Team within the wider project team focused on on-boarding this new client/funds to the Fund Accounting platform.
The role holder should have strong Third Party Administration Fund Accounting knowledge and be familiar with the reconciliations.
Previous on-boarding migrations experience is preferred.
- Design, build & Implementation of Governance & Control functions for the FA Migration workstream
- Oversight and Quality Assurance of all migration documentation and artefacts
- Validation and oversight of Principle based Migration Approach
- Lead the analysis of Fund and Static Data Requirements
- Collation, monitoring and delivery of all evidencing required by the Client within the Migration framework
- Tracking against Migration & Resourcing Project plans
- Requirements collation for migration approach & execution
- Ensure suitable documentation produced to a high standard, as required on all assigned pieces of work to support delivery and ensure a complete audit trail
- Initiating and obtaining document sign off with all impacted BAU areas, technology, project teams, 3rd Parties and the client
- Responsible for ensuring Migration "best Practices" are followed during the migration Design & Build
- Communicating risks and issues to the Migration, Program and Dept. Managers in a timely manner
- Management of ARIADD items assigned to the Migrations team
- Participation in meetings as defined by Program & Migration managers
- Raise all issues/concerns identified risks promptly to Migration Manager
- Design and Implementation of Migration runbooks & rulebooks (KSDs)
- Migration of funds (both live and during Dress Rehearsals) over weekends & evenings where required
- Driving the client relationship within the Migration framework
- Assisting Migration Manger and deputising when necessary
- Fund Accounting experience & TPA Ops experience essential
- Business Analysis experience essential
- Good understanding of financial instruments (Bonds, Equities, CD/CP, Dividends, Deposits, FX, ETD, OTC, etc.)
- Experience of using different fund accounting systems, providing an understanding of how systems can cause differences.
- Experience of NAV and TB Reconciliations
- Tax knowledge advantageous, i.e. foreign tax treaties and withholding tax, UK Corp tax, Investor Taxes
- Previous experience of Data & FA Migration projects
- Project Management experience advantageous
- Previous client relationship management desirable
- Able to identify what minimum controls should be in place to ensure integrity and completeness of Migration data
- Experience of using or supporting Multifonds advantageous
- Excellent organisation and analytical skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Good working knowledge of MS applications
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight timescales
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to analyse and organise
- Work to tight deadlines
- Self-starter and enquiring mind
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.