A growing and diverse Digital Agency full of technical experts, mostly based in London, are seeking a Midweight Developer to join their team in a remote, work from home capacity. They are a remote first company with team members working in various time zones.
The company specialises in systems integrations and complex automations. In practice, that includes building websites, e-commerce shops and apps, as well as working with legacy systems and APIs. Their clients are diverse and varied, including; NESTA, UCL, the Architects Registration Board, Screen Yorkshire and many more.
They nurture long term relationships with both their team and their clients. They value the work they do and how the company impacts the world around them. That's why they are currently in the process of becoming a B-Corp certified organisation.
They're in a crucial phase of growth after the turmoil of the last year, and are looking for a proactive, optimistic and motivated mid-weight developer to grow with them during this exciting time.
About the role:
The company has two types of work for you to start with: New projects that require planning and implementation from scratch, and ongoing maintenance projects that require updating and new features.
They need you to hit the ground running, which means you'll need to have experience working independently with at least two of the following:
- PHP - object oriented programming, not just scripting
- Experience with Magento 2
- Experience with custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Python/Django - they use this mostly for APIs
- Angular or React - they use these for apps, with rxjs and maybe even NativeScript
- CSS (they use sass)
- Native mobile app experience - Swift, C# or Java
You will work on:
- Integrating third party APIs - it would be good if you have worked with patchy documentation, communicated with support teams and managed to integrate APIs into custom builds, maybe to automate or sync data.
- Building websites and apps from scratch
- Maintaining and enhancing existing code
- Working on third party legacy systems
- Establishing dev ops processes to ensure code they write can be easily maintained and shipped
- Collaborating with the project team on finding solutions to their clients problems
You will be:
- Happy to be client facing where necessary (this is not a client management role!) and advise on best practices
- Happy to learn new languages and frameworks
What's on offer:
- Salary range: 30-40k depending on experience
- Fully remote
- Open to flexible working times
- Ideally within the UK, but they will also consider applications +/-4 hours GMT (although they won't be able to sponsor any Visas)
- 25 days holidays + UK bank holidays
- Profit based bonus scheme and other perks
Who you are and what they're looking for:
You already have at least 2 years of experience working in an agency or similar environment on various web or web app projects. Ideally, you would be able to meet up every now and again in London.
You have some practical experience with devops and version control. You know how to write an HTML page from scratch and are getting more and more confident with command line tools. You have read up on topics like accessibility, usability, SEO or similar, because you were interested or it came up in your previous projects.
You're one of the team. It doesn't matter if you have to head off early to pick up your kid or take care of other stuff - the team will have your back. But communication and reliability is key, especially in a remote working environment.
You genuinely care about the work you do and their clients. You are confident talking to clients if necessary and take care that tasks get delivered efficiently and to a high standard. If you see that anything isn't right, you speak up, you step up, you sort things out. If any of the team see that you need help, they will step up and lend a hand. In return you do the same for them. It doesn't matter if you're not an 'expert' in a particular language or framework yet, as long as you can think on your feet and use common sense. You don't just follow instructions, you think about the best way of getting a task done. But you're also pragmatic enough to sometimes just 'do what's necessary' to get things done.
You're logical and understand how digital tools are put together. You're also not afraid to ask the stupid questions or do the 'boring' jobs too. You can follow a process and look for ways to improve them.
If you're interested in learning something new, you'll let them know so they can do their best to find a course. If you want to progress in your career in a particular direction, you'll speak up so they can make a plan and put you on a relevant project.
If that sounds like you - they want you on their team! Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'