As a Selfridges Copywriter, you will be producing engaging, creative and informative product copy, helping to build our reputation as an authoritative fashion destination. Making up part of the Content Team and sitting within the Online Photostudio department, you will play a key role in delivering an extraordinary digital experience to our online customer and be integral to the smooth running of a fast-paced ecommerce studio environment.
You will be required to work independently at a fast pace writing compelling product descriptions in line with our Selfridges tone of voice across all of our departments. You will manage your own workload, juggling researching brands/products with writing and uploading copy to meet strict deadlines while liaising daily with multiple teams on product workflow. Your copy will be conversational and original giving our customers the confidence to make their online purchases by equally informing and inspiring them. You will work collaboratively with the rest of the Content team to maintain copy quality and consistency, acting as the guardians of the Selfridges tone of voice.Role Responsibility
- Write up to 41 product descriptions a day across all departments (Womenswear/Menswear/Home/Tech/Beauty/Food/Kids/Jewellery)
- Produce engaging, informative and accurate copy in line with the Selfridges tone of voice and house style guides
- Conduct thorough brand and product research to inform your copy whilst working independently delivering copy at pace to strict deadlines
- Sub-edit and proof-read your own work and freelance/junior copywriters as required
- Liaise daily with the wider Photostudio teams on product workflow and priorities
- Liaise daily with the Trading and Buying teams on product workflow and brand information
- Conduct daily site walks to maintain quality and consistency
- Respond to ad hoc copy requests/queries from across the business
- Keep abreast of seasonal fashion trends and maintain good brand knowledge
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Content team to continuously optimise and improve our product copy, always aiming to inform but also surprise, amaze and amuse our customers with creative and original product descriptions
- Act as the guardian of the Selfridges tone of voice across all product copy, ensuring consistency and quality for our customers
- Complete ad hoc copy related projects as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a copywriting/journalism/content role (ideally fashion/lifestyle writing experience)
- Experience in an ecommerce/fashion environment
- Experience with content management systems
- Educated to degree level in a related subject (e.g. English/Fashion/Media)
- An accomplished writer with genuine passion and enthusiasm for the English language and impeccable grammar
- Highly organised with excellent time management and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong working relationships and thrive working as a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently at pace to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines
- Experience with proof-reading and sub-editing
- Strong awareness of fashion trends and in-depth brand knowledge
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- PC literate in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'